Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Home For Louie

Louie was my turkey. He wasn’t rescued in the traditional sense, but I bought him as a day old chick almost 2 years ago. He’s been with me ever since.

But, turkeys grow up. And Louie’s a tom. And he weighs about 45 lbs. And was the only bird here.

So, with the help of Farm Sanctuary, we found the most amazing woman living very close by who wanted a turkey. She’s awesome. She’s vegetarian but has always wanted farm animals. She has some chickens, a wonderful barn, and now a big tom turkey, named Louie.

I was very sad to see him go, but I think he’ll be very happy there. (Thank you, Sharon)


XOXO

4 comments:

Cheryl Ann said...

I love this story - so sorry that Louie had to move, but I am glad he has a safe new home.

I have nominated you for an award on my blog. Stop by and check it out if you get a chance. :)
http://asmilinggirl.blogspot.com/

Barb Smith said...

Happy days to Louie!
Peace & Love,
~Barb~
http://craft-therapy.blogspot.com/

Gigi said...

I loved this. Louie is so cute and I am glad you found him a good home. Thanks for sharing!
What kind of dog is that? He is pretty.
Gigi
xoxo

Amanda said...

It's so wonderful to find a nice home for your friends. I had found a duck once while I was in college. We kept it and raised it until it was 4 months old. I found a woman that raises ducks as pets and she took *Splasher* in. She told me that Splasher was so spoiled by me that he demands to eat dinner at the dining table with all the rest of the humans. LOL

I'm sure that Louie will live a happy life in his new home. Will you be able to visit him?