Julie-Ann's art is just beautiful, btw. She does primitive angel paintings.
Six thing I love are:
1. I love my family. My two children and my grandchildren are the lights of my life. My parents, who've been married 54 years, well, they've known me all my life :). And I'm lucky enough to still have my lovely grandma, who will be 94 this year. I have more unconventional family as well ... people who have become family through long association. And I love them, too.
2. I love art. What a little word for such a big world. I think art & creativity are the foundation the universe rests upon on, springs from ... and includes all the senses. I love visual art, music, dance, all of it.
3. I love the wonderful people I've met here online. There's an openness and generosity that has enriched my life immensely. For me, it's always been difficult to find that niche where I felt I fit. By having access to so many people all over the world, I've found there really ARE people like me out there!
4. I love animals. People usually think I must be a "health nut" because I'm vegan. But that's not at all the case. I'm vegan because I love animals and the world we share, and I believe in every fiber of my being that all animals have the right to their own lives and they exist for their own sake and not that of anyone else. They're each a unique & beautiful expression of the creativity of the universe.
5. I love spring air. Here in Michigan, we only have a few of those damp, warm, breezy days that smell absolutely heavenly, but they're wonderful.
6. I love gardening. I love growing plants. Indoors, outdoors, in pots, in the ground, in baskets. I love flowers, Lilacs are my favorite. But what I really love is growing food. It's awesome to eat what you helped to grow and just as awesome to feed it to others. Last year, there were 2 or 3 months that I ate almost exclusively out of our garden. This year, I hope to increase that to several months or even the full year. As well, we'll be cooperating with a local food pantry to get fresh produce to people who may not be able to get it.
7. I just love that I'm part of this amazing and wonderful world.
Now, I need to nominate 7 other people for this award.
... i live and work in rural michigan, in a victorian farmhouse with a menagerie of furred and feathered friends ...
my true home is a little cottage with an attic studio ... nestled beneath the trees ... at the edge of a wood ... between a lazy creek and a berry patch ...
otherwise, you can find me online at ...